Wrap Around Care and 30 Hours Childcare
Wrap Around Care Initiative (WACI)
This is additional care for children in Reception and Nursery that is provided by school to support families. This could be from 8.00 a.m. until 6.00 p.m.
If your child is in Reception we can provide care before and/or after school.
If your child is in Nursery we can provide care from 8:00am until 6:00pm if required. These sessions would be purchased in addition to your child's funded Nursery place.
You can buy into additional sessions listed below.
8.00 a.m.- 8.40 a.m.
8.40 a.m.- 11.40 a.m.
11.40 a.m.- 12.20 p.m.
12.20 p.m.- 3.20 p.m.
3.20 p.m.- 6.00 p.m.
Money must be paid in advance for half a term. SchoolMoney is the preferred method of payment.
For further information and booking forms please contact Mrs L Henshaw on 01384 816960 or email INFO@glynne.dudley.sch.uk
3o Hours Childcare
The government currently provides 15 hours of free childcare per week for all three and four year olds. Working parents could be eligible for up to 30 hours of free childcare per week during term time.
What we can offer:
- 15 hours (3 hours per day x 5 days) for all Nursery age children.
- Extra 15 hours if eligible.
- Follow the process on-line to apply. You will receive an eligibility code and this will need to be re-validated every 3 months, so let school have this as soon as possible to reserve your place. https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
- Extra hours to the alternative session to that offered above. Please note there is a maximum of 16 places offered on a first-come, first served basis. For instance if you were offered an afternoon place (3 hours), if eligible, you could also have the morning space too (also 3 hours). This is available during term time only.
- Breakfast, after-school wrap around care and lunch time care is available and charged separately. An order form must be completed for this. Again, there is a maximum of 16 places available.
- If you choose to use some of your entitlement with another provider e.g. a child minder, you will need to specify this on your declaration and also complete a form with them.
- If you become eligible mid-term – funding will begin at the start of the following term. Funding is then awarded term-by-term and a new declaration will need to be made. School will advise when this is due.
- If your eligibility lapses there will be a six week grace period for your childcare to continue. After that period, your place will be chargeable or cancelled.
For further advice or information on childcare options contact L Henshaw on 01384 816960 or email INFO@glynne.dudley.sch.uk
Click here for more information on Childcare Choices